Causes of discolouring in black coat
There can be several causes why your dog’s coat is discolouring;
- Dead hair always turns lighter. So when your dog is in the moulting period a colouring to red can be seen.
- Your dog can have a deficiency in his food of good digestible proteins, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Also environmental factors like sunlight and humidity can influence the colour of the coat. So when your dog spends lots of his time outdoors on a humid sunny day, discolouration can occur.
- When you wash your dog regularly with shampoo, or use creams, especially if they contain insecticides (e.g. against fleas) a discolouration of hair coat can occur.
How to take care of the problem
- When your dog is in a (long) moulting period, brush twice a week.
- Use shampoo and/or creams as little as possible.
- Keep your dog out of the sun in the summer if you can.
- You can supplement the food with Seaweed, this increases pigmentation in dark coloured hair coat.
- You can combine this with HOKAMIX Forte to supplement a deficiency of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and amino acids.